[opencms-dev] Siblings between folders

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Sep 13 17:52:33 CEST 2006

> Hello people!!
>
> I've a question that I don't know if it's possible to solve.
> If I make a sibling to a folder, and I don't have any document into the
> original folder, the OpenCms creates an empty copy of the folder. Then,
> when I add a file into the original folder, it is not referred from the
> sibling folder.
> It means: I would like to have a sibling folder that was syncronized
> with the original one in creation, modification, deletion.....

Dear Maria,

Opencms does not support this.
Opencms does not even support siblings for a folder. Only pages can have siblings and the folder synchronization that you would like to have is not supported by opencms.

I had the same problem and I had to create my own content type, which does the replication by following rules that are quite specific for my site.
But the code is really too specific, too complicated and too connected to other parts of my website, so I am sure that my classes would not help you.

Sorry, but I think there just is no easy solution for this, because opencms does not even have the information, which folders "belong to each other" (In other words: there are no folder siblings).

Christian