[opencms-dev] CmsSiteManager addSite error message

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Fri Sep 15 10:18:10 CEST 2006

At start-up, all config files are read and config methods invoked... but at
the end of the process, OpenCms executes a method which sets a flag to
indicate that the configuration has been initialised and may no longer be
changed (or something to that effect).  Set logging level to debug, restart
OpenCms and have a look at the log - I think you'll see what I mean.

The usual way to add sites etc is by editing XML configuration files.  If
for some reason you do need to do this programmatically, then (as you can
imagine) you'll need to investigate (i) how to unfreeze the config, if
that's possible, and (ii) what implications this might have for OpenCms
state management.  Lots of trawling through the source code, I think!

Jon

  _____