[opencms-dev] change opencms-system.xml with java code/site node

Andy Bicksbo schlachtzeuger at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 12:56:23 CEST 2006

Hi all!
I asked the same question afew days ago, but I didn't get s satisfying
answer since that nor i found a solution by myself.
So desparating pulling hair since that on my proplem:
I am trying to add some custom site definitions to the
opencms-system.xmlthrough a java class with the method:
addSite() from the Class org.opencms.site.CmsSiteManager

 i get the following error message:

 org.opencms.main.CmsRuntimeException: Site configuration has been frozen
and can not longer be changed.
 at org.opencms.site.CmsSiteManager.addSite(CmsSiteManager.java:289)

In javadoc its written: "Adds a new CmsSite to the list of configured sites,
this is only allowed during configuration"
Does anybody know how to get "during configuration"?
-or know a different solution
Best regards
Andy