[opencms-dev] Problem with JSP's

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Sep 18 16:46:48 CEST 2006

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Gesendet: 18.09.06 16:21:37
> An: opencms-dev at opencms.org
> Betreff: [opencms-dev] Problem with JSP's

It may be my limited knowledge of JSP's or limited knowledge of OpenCMS, I can't tell, but when I try to use one of the JSP's in the example documentation (tried a couple), I get this error:

> javax.servlet.ServletException
> : javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: VFS target "/simpletemplate.jsp" was already included earlier.
>
> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

One of your JSPs (more specifically the JPS simpletemplate.jsp) is including itself.
You have to check your inclusions very carefully (also those inclusions that are based on properties, like the 'template' - property, not just hard-coded inclusion targets) to make sure that recursive inclusion does not happen.

christian