[opencms-dev] log4j WARN in tomcat

ruben malchow r_malchow at web.de
Wed Sep 20 09:28:59 CEST 2006

hi david,

this is not a bug. it happens when there is no log4j.properties in the
classpath. putting this:

# Set root logger level to DEBUG and its only appender to A1.
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, A1

# A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender.
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

in ${tomcat}/common/classes/log4j.properties will solve it. but you
might want to look into this a bit more and find out how to configure
log4j a bit more precisely. it really is quite powerful (and useful)

.rm