[opencms-dev] Ftpd module: my usage and proposed improvements

ruben malchow r_malchow at web.de
Wed Sep 20 10:07:42 CEST 2006

hi achim,

in a way ant is just another one of the possible platforms to support.
anyway. eclipse is just one thing mayn people use, and having a nice
eclipse integration doesnt hurt, especially to automate things based in
user actions, such as saving a file and provide a gui. this is not
possible with ant. of course you could start an ant process to do this
or that, but having an event such as this save file action trigger the
sync would be quite nice, too, no? also, the resources as defined by
eclipse provide a nice way to attach metadata to a file (i.e.
opencms/vfs properties).

but indeed, given a existing webservice, this would also make a good
starting point for an ant task (actually, i never thought of it until
you mentioned it, but, yeah, it would great to have a vfssync task that
takes either a local repository or a remote opencms instance as arguments).

.rm