[opencms-dev] Determine Siblings - Multilingual Site

Radu Sora sisturix at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 10:38:50 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to build a multilingual site with OpenCMS 6.2. So far I created
different folders for each language, and set the default locale for each. I
also created siblings in each language folder for each resource. Considering
i want to have different URLs for each language (and not follow a naming
convension like file_en, file_de etc.), to make the language switcher I have
to be able to determine all the siblings for file.

For example, let's consider the following folder tree:

/en/ (default locale set on en)
   school.html
/fr (default locale set on fr)
   ecole.html (sibling -> /en/school.html)

What i need is a method to programmatically determine the list of sibling
for a specified resource, so i can put the language switch on all pages.

Any clue?

Thank you,
Radu