[opencms-dev] what tool do you use to modify jsp file in opencms?

Joachim Zittmayr joachim at imap.cc
Wed Sep 20 14:19:28 CEST 2006

hi daniel!

well, i'm using an ide (intellij idea; it's i.m.o. the best tool for
xml, html, and java programming) for editing jsps, xsd-schemes, and all
the programming part. let alone all the versioning, of course...
all those files reside in a intellij web-project folder. upon build all
those resources (html, xsd, jsp, class) are copied to another directory
("exploded directory" in the intellij lingo). in my case it's a samba
share, so other user's can share this dir as well. this is my
synchronization directory, which i configured in opencms. upon build in
intellij and pressing "sync" in opencms, all the resources are updated
against each other.
downside: if u check in or update files in opencms, which u didn't have
in your ide-recources folder, then you have to manually copy them back.

nevertheless programming is a lot quicker than anything else, and
everythins is versioned.

best regards!
joachim

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 03:29:03 +0000, "Daniel Tsen" <etiger99 at hotmail.com>
said:
> Hi all
> It is so inconvenient in opencms to modify jsp files.Now the method I use
> to solve this problem is to copy the code into MS frontpage, and modify
> it
> ,then copy it back.
>     It must exit some tools much more convenient than this way, could
> anyone offer some info about this problem?
>
> best regards!!

  Joachim Zittmayr
  joachim at imap.cc