[opencms-dev] Enhance the search ability of opencms

Sebastian Himberger sebastian.himberger at gmx.de
Mon Sep 25 11:30:39 CEST 2006

Hi Daniel,

Heritrix is a webcrawler and in my opinion oversized for OpenCms since
it is target at crawling large scale networks (e.g. the internet).
Additionally Heritrix currently, at least the version i looked into,
only supported writing of .arc files (for use in the internet archive)
you would have to write the lucene index creation by yourself (i once
played with it, it should not be too hard). But if you need a
webcralwing/search solution maybe you should have a look at nutch
(http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/) which do writes lucene indexes.

But maybe we could give you a better solution if you tell us what
exactly you want to enhance.

best regards
Sebastian