[opencms-dev] Re: Making OpenCMS ROOT Web App

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Sep 28 10:36:04 CEST 2006

Stanczak Group schrieb:
> Just renamed to ROOT and that's it. The servlet has to stay /opencms
> or some other name.
I had only tried to rename it to /cms, but you should also be able to
map it to /
Specifying servlet mappings in web.xml files should be well documented
in the tomcat docs
> Then I put a index.jsp redirect in the ROOT folder. In my case I also
> have IIS running so I have a /cms/opencms path to the servlet. Once I
> ride my self of IIS I should be able to map a /cms/opencms to the
> /opencms servlet, correct?
I am not familiar with IIS - with Apache and the AJP connector, I don't
need another prefix for the webserver.
I have /cms mapped to apache's java connector. This path is completely
forwarded to tomcat as well and there /cms is also the servlet mapping
that I use in my web.xml

Christian