[opencms-dev] OpenCns Execution in different browser

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Sep 28 11:07:00 CEST 2006

ravi kumar schrieb:
> Hi jonnathan
> Thanx for ur response
> i published the total project to online even though it is not coming
> and one more thing i just cheked out that in open cms they have given
> defalut project under sites folder in oepn cms work place.that was
> published already offline and online .The index.jsp in default project
> is opening when we click directly but if we copy the url and paste it
> into the new browser window the page is not opening and it is showing
> that system reading error
>
> Thanks and regards
> Ravikumar samala

Ravi,

Maybe you have problems with the site root?
If you are logged into the system, your site root can be set to anything
you want.
But if somebody is not logged in then the site root will be added to all
paths. That means that usually the path /sites/default/ is added to the
name of all files that are read from the virtual filesystem. So, if
somebody requests www.yoursite.com/opencms/opencms/x/y.html
then opencms will actually try to read something like
/sites/default/x/y.html

Please check the error message to check *which* file could not be read
and see if the site root is set to something different than you expected.

christian