[opencms-dev] Insight about upload.jar

John Bieling info at jobisoft.de
Thu Sep 28 20:10:22 CEST 2006

Ok, I messed up my upload.jar, this is what happend:

I am trying to anderstand the sourcode of opencms and want to make
changes to upload.jar. I am able to compile "normal" classes for my
modules and that works fine. Now I tried to compile the upload.jar from
source, uploaded it and looked what happend. It did not work, the jar
does not load. So I restored the original upload.jar (which i backuped)
and thought everything is fine - but noooo, the original one does not
work now as well.

1) What happend, why does the original does not work? It says something
about MagicalNumber does not match or so
2) Is there any chance that someone can give me a step by step guide how
to compile the upload jar from the opencms-sources and sucessfully plug
the self-compiled one into my running opencms?

Luckily this is all done on my testsystem, which is 6.2.2, but I
compiled the latest opencms and will do my further testing with 6.2.5
(which I guess is the latest)

Thanks
John Bieling

(I do not know how many years I need, but I want to teach the upload jar
to do image scaling BEFORE uploading images, so that my customers stop
complaining about the "images from my camera take so long to upload"-bug)