[opencms-dev] Defining & Customizing Editable Bodies

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Fri Sep 29 20:24:29 CEST 2006

Perhaps it's a case of making sure, when you create freeform content, that
you create the resource from an xmlpage resource which has only a <body>
element, and none of this <text1> nonsense.

Here's how it works for me.  For my freeform content resources, I create a
resource of type xmlpage which copies its body from a 'file' in my module's
default_bodies folder (the location which OpenCms seems to search for in
populating the 'copy body from' drop down).  That file contains the
following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<pages xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.opencms.org/dtd/6.0/xmlpage.xsd">
  <page language="en">
    <element name="body">
      <links/>
      <content><![CDATA[]]></content>
    </element>
  </page>
</pages>

The xmlpage I create has as its 'template' a JSP in my module structure
called freeformTemplate.jsp, and this JSP just looks for an element called
'body' in the resource which caused it to be invoked.

Hope this helps.

Jon