[opencms-dev] Strange behavior after install.

Michael Boggs michael.boggs at dot.state.wi.us
Thu Oct 5 16:21:15 CEST 2006

We figured out the solution to my problem, and I wanted to post it in case
someone else has this same stumbling block.

We were able to find the solution to the issues I had uncovered with openCMS
and url paths being rendered incorrectly, but I'm still not quite sure what
the problem was.  Here's the solution I identified:

  In the web.xml (deployment descriptor) for the open cms web project,
uncomment and modify the WebApplicationContext parameter to read as below:

    <context-param>
        <param-name>WebApplicationContext</param-name>
        <param-value>opencms</param-value>
    </context-param>

I'm not sure why it is neccesary to take this step, since I cannot find
anywhere in the server or application config on websphere 6 where it would
pick up "WebContent" as the context root.  However, overriding it by setting
the WebApplicationContext in the deployment descriptor does resolve the
issue.

All said and done, I was able to deploy OpenCMS 6.2.2 to WAS6.0 under JDK
1.4.

-Mike