[opencms-dev] Beginner Problems

Marc Schlegel Marc.Schlegel at gmx.de
Fri Oct 6 13:45:07 CEST 2006

First I want to say HI to the community, this is my first post :-)

I've several problems with opencms and it seems to be hard to find a
solution.

My first problem, well it's not a real problem but it's annoying me,
is that I want to set the minimum height of my website. I have some
sites which contains not very much content (right now) and it doesn't
look good when the page is only 100px high. I tried to find a property
in the root-folder for my html-pages.

The second is a little bit tricky. I have several picture-galleries (I
am studying abroad in Iceland and I have a lot of nice pricture :-) )
and I want to use the structered-content "slideshow". The problem is
that when i look at the site the pictures are not shown, even when I
go to the details-view. The pictures are only displayed in the when I
select the "original" version. Is there a problem when OpenCMS tries
to downsize the pictures?

Last but not least I have a problem with a jsp-page. I have a submenu
(folder) where I want to introduce some friends from Iceland. My idea
was only to add a page for each friend and the index.jsp is (a
overview of all) should be created automatically.

    <%
        // create a JSP action element
        org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspActionElement cms = new
    org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspActionElement(pageContext, request, response);
        org.opencms.site.CmsSiteManager siteManager = new
    org.opencms.site.CmsSiteManager();

        // load the template head

cms.include("/system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.templateone/templates/main",
    "head");
    ---> Here I try to get the row-column-template-element
    <------------------

cms.include("/system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.templateone/templates/main",
    "main");
    %>
    <h1>Hallo</h1>
    <%
        // load the template foot

cms.include("/system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.templateone/templates/main",
    "foot");
    %>

You can see that I am trying to get the row-column-element --> but I
don't know how.
And I don't know how I can get all pages within my subfolder
("/iceland/pages/friend")....I tried it with the SiteManager and I
checked the API but I couldn't find it (maybe I am blind).

Any help is appreciated

Best regards
--Marc