[opencms-dev] Beginner Problems

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Sat Oct 7 06:55:36 CEST 2006

Hi, Marc.

1.  This isn't really an OpenCms question, of course...  There's a CSS
attribute which you can apply to the body element, as far as I remember, but
not all browsers will honour it.  Try Googling for "css minimum body height"
or something similar.  Failing that, you can include an invisible 1px-by-1px
GIF in your page layout (whether you use tables or CSS) and give that a
height equal to your minimum height.

2.  I don't use template one, so I don't know what you mean by
row-column-template-head etc.  But if you're having problems including a
template element, you could always just copy and paste some code.  Maybe
someone else can suggest something better.

3.  CmsSiteManager is a class best left to OpenCms core code.  Instead,
org.opencms.file.CmsObject contains all the methods you need - e.g.
getFilesInFolder(String relativeFolderName).  Note (i) you can get an
instance of CmsObject from CmsJspActionElement, (ii) folder and file paths
are generally relative to the site root (i.e. you won't need to include
"/sites/default" or whatever), (iii) methods like getFilesInFolder() either
return Lists with String members (being file/folder paths) or Lists of
CmsResource (being the OpenCms abstraction for file/folder resources) -
can't recall which.  CmsResource has useful methods on it too.

Jon