[opencms-dev] image exports

bjacobs at rednoodle.com bjacobs at rednoodle.com
Fri Oct 6 17:38:06 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I have an install of Opencms 6.0.4 that won't write (image/pdf/etc) files
to the export folder on the harddrive. I'm running RHEL4.

In experimenting I hand copied files to the /export folder. I see that the
system erases these files immediately when something is published. I was
under the impression that the system writes the files at the first request
for them if they don't exist, so I was little surprised to see them erased
upon publishing.

But mainly I'm just trying to get the system to write the files. I assumed
it was a permissions problem, but the folder is owned by the tomcat user
and it has full permissions (and as mentioned can erase).

I will upgrade to the latest version at some point but would like to put
that off a bit longer and was hoping for a fix to the existing install.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Brian Jacobs