[opencms-dev] image exports

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Oct 7 14:58:31 CEST 2006

bjacobs at rednoodle.com schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> I have an install of Opencms 6.0.4 that won't write (image/pdf/etc) files
> to the export folder on the harddrive. I'm running RHEL4.
>
> In experimenting I hand copied files to the /export folder. I see that the
> system erases these files immediately when something is published. I was
> under the impression that the system writes the files at the first request
> for them if they don't exist, so I was little surprised to see them erased
> upon publishing.

If you use export-on-demand , then publishing will remove everything so
that old files have been removed for sure.
Then, if these files are needed again for the first time, they will be
published
> But mainly I'm just trying to get the system to write the files. I assumed
> it was a permissions problem, but the folder is owned by the tomcat user
> and it has full permissions (and as mentioned can erase).

The following things come to my mind:
- wrong path config
- permission (obviously you've checked that)
- you have not set the export property to "true" for your files
  Set this property to true for all folders whose content should be
exported. Then the tree below these folders will be exported.

hope that helps
christian