[opencms-dev] How to read the request value of CmsHtmlWidget

Mark Lange mark.lange at koeln.de
Mon Oct 9 22:09:37 CEST 2006

You can make a forward in your subclass of  A_CmsListDialog in the function
executeListSingleActions() to your edit widgetdialog.
For example:
 if (LIST_ACTION_EDIT.equals(getParamListAction())) {
        Map params = new HashMap();
//here you can put some values that you need to recover the list
        params.put("listid", item.getId());
        params.put(CmsDialog.PARAM_ACTION, CmsDialog.DIALOG_INITIAL);
getToolManager().jspForwardTool(this, "/tools/edit", params); }

Then edit the individual properties of your admin edit tool jsp (for example
/system/workplace/admin/tools/edit.jsp ) and add under admintoolhandler-args
something like this
"params:listid=${param.listid}&action=initial|path:/tools/edit"
And in the subclass of CmsWidgetDialog you must declare a getter/setter for
the Parameter you placed in the map:
getParamListid() and setParamListid(String listid)  (like normal getter and
setter except the middle part Param)
I hope it helps

cu Mark