[opencms-dev] Defining OpenCmsHome in web.xml

Robert Read r.read at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Oct 12 06:41:09 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I am deploying OpenCms 6.2.2 to Weblogic 9.2

When I started-up the first time I got the following error in the
weblogic log:

org.opencms.main.CmsInitException: Critical error during OpenCms
initialization: The OpenCms WEB-INF folder can not be determined, please
set the parameter "OpenCmsHome" in "web.xml".

I found this fix on NABBLE for Weblogic8.1-sp2 which seems good so I
tried it:

http://www.nabble.com/RE:-Deploy-to-weblogic8.1-sp2-problem-p1918863.htm

I now get the following error when I browse to
http://localhost:7001/opencms/setup/

----------------------------start of error
msg-------------------------------------------------------------------

Error starting Alkacon OpenCms setup wizard.

It appears that your servlet container did not unpack the Alkacon
OpenCms WAR file. Alkacon OpenCms requires that it's WAR file is
unpacked.

Please unpack the Alkacon OpenCms WAR file and try again.

Check out the documentation of your Servlet container to learn how to
unpack the WAR file, or do it manually with some kind of unzip - tool.

Tip for Tomcat users:

Open the file {tomcat-home}/conf/server.xml and search for
unpackWARs="false". Replace this with unpackWARs="true". Then restart
Tomcat.

----------------------------end of error
msg-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am running Weblogic here:

/home/ubuntu/bea

and only have the exampleServer running.

I have unpacked the OpenCms WAR here:

/home/ubuntu/bea/weblogic92/samples/domains/wl_server/servers/examplesSe
rver/opencms

I have tried editing
/home/ubuntu/bea/weblogic92/samples/domains/wl_server/servers/examplesSe
rver/opencms/WEB-INF/web.xml to point OpenCmsHome at:

a)
/bea/weblogic92/samples/domains/wl_server/servers/examplesServer/opencms
/WEB-INF

b)
/home/ubuntu/bea/weblogic92/samples/domains/wl_server/servers/examplesSe
rver/opencms/WEB-INF

with no change to the message given from the OpenCms setup wizard.

I attach my web.xml for reference in case there is a mistake in the
definition of the OpenCmsHome context-parameter.

Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Cheers,

Robert

Robert Read

Analyst-Programmer

Group Applications

Information Technology Systems & Services

University of Auckland

Telephone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 82475

Email: r.read at auckland.ac.nz <mailto:r.read at auckland.ac.nz>

Web:  http://www.auckland.ac.nz/ <http://www.auckland.ac.nz/>

The information contained in this email message is intended only for the
named recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not peruse, use,
disseminate, distribute or copy this email or attachments.
If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender
and delete the original message.