[opencms-dev] Using Guest CmsUser

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Oct 12 18:07:17 CEST 2006

Pere Torrodellas schrieb:
> To answer my own question: it doesn't work, because the CmsUser instance
> seems to be shared for all guest users, right?
>
> I should have guessed it, because the user name is always "Guest", and
> possibly OpenCms uses this in some way.
The CmsUser is shared, that is correct.
But probably you will still have an individual session for each
connected browser (this is just normal JSP behavior, not specific for
Opencms).

So I think that you should be able to store information in the session
of the respective visitor, although all anonymous users use the same
user account. I haven't tried, but I can only imagine that this should work.

hth
christian