[opencms-dev] Data management for multi-domain regional customerportal

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Mon Oct 16 14:18:37 CEST 2006

I don't think so - they're as good a place as any to stash values.  I guess
the advantages are that you can use the OpenCms collector framework to do
things like getting a list of all resources with a certain property set.

Do consider holding resources as XML content and metadata instances as
values therein, though.  It does lead to a very transparent and flexible way
of holding metadata, and I don't believe it introduces any more RI problems
then the property way.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.  If you're like me, you'll spend ages
working out the framework, and comparatively little time making the most of
it!

Jon

  _____