[opencms-dev] File chooser within properties dialog?

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Oct 25 13:39:29 CEST 2006

Fabian Huschka schrieb:
> Hello list,
>
> is it possible to add a property to a VFS resource which can be filled
> in by using a file chooser instead of editing the plain text field?
> If so, can you give me directions to begin with?

Maybe there exists a file chooser widget for XML content?
But even if it does (which I am not sure about), you would have to
create your own XML-schema based content type.

General instructions for creating an xml-content-type are available
under
http://www.wdogsystems.com/opencms/opencms/demos/structured_content_editing.html.

For file-selection you would have to dig around. As I said I am not
sure, however if an xml-content-widget for file selection exists (you
could of course implement one, but I've no experience with this).

hth
christian