[opencms-dev] problem of "Tomcat and the Apache webser ver with mod_prox"

lxbing113 lxbing113 at 163.com
Fri Oct 27 07:44:30 CEST 2006

Hello list:
    I config opencms multi-websit following document "Integrating OpenCms, Tomcat and the Apache webserver with mod_proxy", inopencms 6.2 documents. After I config httpd of apache, and restart apache ,I get the error :

* Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
Syntax error on line 113 of /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/alex.conf:
Invalid command 'ProxyPass', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
  I don't know why! I config it following the document.and my config for apache is bellow:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName www.lxbing.com
        ServerAdmin webmaster at opencms
        DocumentRoot "/var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/ROOT/"

        <Directory "/var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/ROOT/">
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        # Log only non-redirect requests in "normal" log file
        SetEnvIf Request_URI "/opencms/*" redirect

        RewriteEngine     on
        RewriteCond       %{REQUEST_URI}                                            ^/export/(.*)  [NC]
        RewriteCond       "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}"                     !-f
        RewriteCond       "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index_export.html"   !-f
        RewriteRule       .*  http://127.0.0.1:8081/cms/handle404?exporturi=%{REQUEST_URI}&%{QUERY_STRING} [P]

        ProxyPass         /opencms/             !
        RedirectPermanent /opencms/                http://www.lxbing.com/
        ProxyPass         /resources/           !
        ProxyPass         /export/              !
        ProxyPass         /                     http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms/
        ProxyPassReverse  /                     http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms/
</VirtualHost>

# http://www.squall.com

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName www.squall.com
        ServerAdmin webmaster at new
        DocumentRoot "/var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/ROOT/"

        <Directory "/var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/ROOT/">
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        # Log only non-redirect requests in "normal" log file
        SetEnvIf Request_URI "/opencms/*" redirect

         RewriteEngine     on
        RewriteCond       %{REQUEST_URI}                                            ^/export/(.*)  [NC]
        RewriteCond       "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}"                     !-f
        RewriteCond       "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index_export.html"   !-f
        RewriteRule       .*  http://127.0.0.1:8082/cms/handle404?exporturi=%{REQUEST_URI}&%{QUERY_STRING} [P]

        ProxyPass         /opencms/                 !
        RedirectPermanent /opencms/                 http://www.squall.com/
        ProxyPass         /resources/           !
        ProxyPass         /export/              !
        ProxyPass         /                     http://127.0.0.1:8082/opencms/
        ProxyPassReverse  /                     http://127.0.0.1:8082/opencms/
</VirtualHost>please give me some idear how to do it !what problem I make in the configuration.
Any adviser appreciate !