[opencms-dev] opencms dtd missing

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Fri Oct 27 08:08:04 CEST 2006

The .dtd files aren't really used by OpenCms for verification or building
prototype document instances; they're included in source code for reference
only.  The expected structure is hardwired into the code which processes
opencms-system.xml (and the other XML config files like opencms-modules.xml
etc).  And in any case, the URI you mention is intended to be a unique
identifier by its value, and (according to the XML spec) is not necessarily
meant to imply that the DTD really is accessible at that location via HTTP.

Someone a few weeks back posted an XSD schema, I think it was, which can be
used to validate the contents of XML files defining new OpenCms structured
(XML) content types, but I don't think anyone's done it for the config files
like opencms-system.xml.

Jon