[opencms-dev] Wiki for OpenCms documentation

Jan Meier jan.meier at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Oct 30 18:44:28 CET 2006

> Jan -
>
> When you set up the Wiki, can you make sure that it's clear to
> contributors
> that their contributions may be used freely by third parties without
> permission?  I guess to protect yourself you may also wish to state that
> you
> accept material on the condition that there aren't already restrictions on
> its use, and that the responsibility for ensuring this is so lies with the
> third party.
>
> There ought to be a form of words for this kind of thing - anyone have any
> useful pointers from other Wikis they use?

That is a good point. I saw on the bottom of the mediawiki homepage[1] the
following sentence: "Content is available under GNU Free Documentation
License." which links to here[2], I think it is the default in the
mediawiki installation and it is okay to use the GNU Free Documentation
License.

Regards

Jan

[1]http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki