[opencms-dev] Wiki for OpenCms documentation

Barry Cornelius barry.cornelius at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 30 19:59:15 CET 2006

Re:
> When you set up the Wiki, can you make sure that it's clear to
> contributors
> that their contributions may be used freely by third parties without
> permission?  I guess to protect yourself you may also wish to state that
> you
> accept material on the condition that there aren't already restrictions on
> its use, and that the responsibility for ensuring this is so lies with the
> third party.
> There ought to be a form of words for this kind of thing - anyone have any
> useful pointers from other Wikis they use?

OSS Watch (the open source software advisory service for UK Higher and
Further Education) has a wiki at wiki.oss-watch.ac.uk.  When you start to
edit a page or create a new one, it says "By hitting Save Changes you put
your changes under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 England
& Wales Licence. If you don't want that, hit Cancel to cancel your
changes."  It provides a link for you to find out more information about
this licence.

There is more about Creative Commons at:
    http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/cclicensing.xml
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons

--
Barry Cornelius              Computing Services, University of Oxford
                                  13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK
http://www.barrycornelius.com/          barry.cornelius at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Telephone: (01865 or +44 1865) 273267    Office: 273200   Fax: 273275