[opencms-dev] Wiki for OpenCms documentation

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Mon Oct 30 21:23:36 CET 2006

Wikipedia license GNU is about as broad as you can get and allows anyone
to use the material to write a book or make a manual by cutting and
pasting anything that is contributed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Text_of_the_GNU_Free_Documentation_License
The contributor still holds the copyright to the material but has agreed
to the licensing of their copyrighted material by posting it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:General_disclaimer is a very
general disclaimer. It says that the information in the wiki may not be
correct and that if you want a professional answer to your question,
hire a professional.
It pretty much absolves everyone involved from blame of any kind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Risk_disclaimer says (in big bold
letters) *PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU MAY FIND IN WIKIPEDIA
MAY BE INACCURATE, MISLEADING, DANGEROUS OR ILLEGAL.

Not a bad start to a guide on building applications with software.
*

Ron