[opencms-dev] Wiki for OpenCms documentation

Jan Meier jan.meier at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Oct 31 10:02:39 CET 2006

Am Montag 30 Oktober 2006 21:38 schrieb Christian Steinert:
> Concerning licenses:
> You could take Gnu Documentation licencense, or there are is also the
> family of Creative Commons licenses which have various flavors and are
> extremely liberal. Any of these should be unproblematic and each
> contributor should be forced in some way to accept them, so that the
> content can be used freely later.
> Maybe the submission / edit form would be a good place to add a short note
> that makes the licensing clear and from where one can link to some sort of
> licensing-and-disclaimer page.

That is implemented in mediawiki.
I am not really shure how we should handle source code. In my opionion for
source code (snippets) should apply another license, because it should be
available for commercial use. People who create homepages for customers
should also be able to use code from the wiki.

Little status update:

The domain is registered, mediawiki is installed. I will put it online the
next days.

Regards

Jan