[opencms-dev] Wiki for OpenCms documentation

Joachim Zittmayr joachim at imap.cc
Tue Oct 31 10:45:06 CET 2006

finally a good and very important step to push things forward!
BUT: an opencms documentation wiki is nothing without a good, logic
structure!
so imho an oc-wiki needs some wiki-gods that keep track on all the
changes and (re)organize new, changed articles.
if u need volunteers for administering and clustering the wiki, i'll be
there!
best regards!
joachim

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:02:39 +0100, "Jan Meier"
<jan.meier at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de> said:
> Am Montag 30 Oktober 2006 21:38 schrieb Christian Steinert:
> > Concerning licenses:
> > You could take Gnu Documentation licencense, or there are is also the
> > family of Creative Commons licenses which have various flavors and are
> > extremely liberal. Any of these should be unproblematic and each
> > contributor should be forced in some way to accept them, so that the
> > content can be used freely later.
> > Maybe the submission / edit form would be a good place to add a short note
> > that makes the licensing clear and from where one can link to some sort of
> > licensing-and-disclaimer page.
>
> That is implemented in mediawiki.
> I am not really shure how we should handle source code. In my opionion
> for
> source code (snippets) should apply another license, because it should be
> available for commercial use. People who create homepages for customers
> should also be able to use code from the wiki.
>
> Little status update:
>
> The domain is registered, mediawiki is installed. I will put it online
> the
> next days.
>
> Regards
>
> Jan