[opencms-dev] request.setParameter ???

John Bieling info at jobisoft.de
Wed Nov 1 02:44:52 CET 2006

Hi,

I have a jsp-template which includes parts of another template (with
main header and footer stuff), so in the first template I have something
like

<%
   java.util.HashMap parameters = new java.util.HashMap();
   String unique_id = "test";
   parameters.put("uid", unique_id);
%>
<cms:template element="head">
<% cmsa.include("master-template.jsp", "head", parameters); %>
</cms:template>
<%
 out.print(parameters.get("uid");
%>

that works, now inside of master-template I am doing something with that
unique_id-parameter - read with request.getParameter("uid). Inside the
master-template the value of that unique_id gets changed and my
calling-jsp-template needs to know the new value! I tried

request.setParameter("uid","other value")

inside of master-template, but that does not work

any ideas?
Thanks
John Bieling