[opencms-dev] OpenCms wiki online

Jan Meier jan.meier at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Nov 1 15:10:19 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch 01 November 2006 14:52 schrieb Ron Wheeler:
> One of the things that I have seen on other projects is a notification
> of changes to the wiki where e-mails get sent whenever the wiki changes.
> In one forum, the forum ( in our case - "opencms-dev at opencms.org") was
> signed up as a wiki participant with notification so that the mailing
> list gets notification of changes to the wiki. This meant that eveyone
> was aware of wiki changes with the author having to write a separate not
> to the forum. It generates a fair amount of traffic in the forum but
> they are easy to identify.
> I do not know if the wiki software supports this but we might try it. It
> will be really useful in the initial stages of getting the wiki going.

I do not think that it is useful that every change to the wiki is sent to this
mailinglist. I can set up a mailinglist for the wiki discussions, if you
think this would be *really* needed. In my opinion it is enough what
mediawiki ships, for every page you can edit a discussion page.

If you want to monitor the wiki you can take a look at the "special" pages:

http://opencms-wiki.org/index.php/Special:Specialpages

Regards

Jan