[opencms-dev] Status of OpenCms development

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 13:27:10 CET 2006

I think there were a few posts from Alkacon on this if you search the
list. They emphasise that any development on OpenCms is customer
driven -- ie they can only afford to undertake a major enhancement if
someone pays them to do it (or if it's contributed by a third party).
I think that explains the lack of a long term road map.

However if you check the CVS you can see there is continuous activity
there. Lack of the road map does not imply lack of development or
commitment.

Perhaps we should use the new Wiki so see if people in the OpenCms
community are willing to take on some project. Right now -- for good
or bad -- the bulk of the development effort is being done by Alkacon
employees.

Joe.