[opencms-dev] database problems with opencms

Dark Side darkside68 at web.de
Sat Nov 4 08:47:08 CET 2006

Hi,

> The amount of data which can be handled with OpenCms is a matter of the
> database and not the application itself. Certainly it would be a problem if
> you want to import 20 GB data with the data import wizard ;-), but there are
> other ways to do it right.

Of course its absolutely no problem to import 20GB with the OpenCms
database import/export tool, why should it? Made this more than one.

> I know about OpenCms Installations with 30 GB data in it on Oracle and I
> think with other dbs like MySQL it should be possible too.

The same for MySql  -Database sizes >20GB work fine.
The only thing I could think of where a "bigger" database could cause a
problem is if you run OpenCms and the database on the same machine which
is powerful enough - you should always have enough memory available,
this is more important than a faster processor.

> Send my kindly regards to your professor ;-)

Indeed, Volkmar should not believe everything his professor says.... :)

Dark