[opencms-dev] trouble with 404 handler

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Nov 6 20:58:58 CET 2006

> Christian -
>

> It works for me, though my handler is at http://xxx/handle404.  And its parameter is provided as a query parameter named exporturi, whose value is the path to the resource (its URI) without the site root prepended.  That is, at least in my configuration - I had to jump through so many hoops to get Apache 1.x, mod_rewrite, mod_jk and OpenCms to work together that the trauma has clouded my memory of what comes from where!
>

> Jon

Dear Jonathan,

thank you very much for your reply (and for all the other mails you are writing here so persistently!).

Concerning mod_rewrite - luckily I avoided the dread of mod_rewrite up to this point (I made my application into the root app and modified the Mod_JK mappings and the servlet mapping of opencms instead, because I did not want to mess with mod_rewrite or mod_proxy). Let's see if that avoidance is what bites me now...

Could you at some point (when you find the time) send me your web.xml from the WEB-INF folder of opencms?
That would be great. Maybe I spot something.

Thanks in advance
christian