[opencms-dev] Why publish?

Dark Side darkside68 at web.de
Tue Nov 7 15:12:23 CET 2006

Hi,
> ah ok
> I thought I can browse the whole site in offline mode too.
Of course you can.....

> but it seems only to be a view of the current edited file.
> for example: if I change style.css and index.html
> when I view index.html I can't see the changes in style.ccs until I
> published style.css
> Is this correct?
It sounds as if something is wrong how your stylesheet is linked into
the index.html.

For all links in your template, use the <cms:link> tag. Do not link to
something in your export folder directly (i.e.
"/export/resoruces/style.css"), but always use the link inside your
OpenCms VFS - in combination with the link tag.

Dark