[opencms-dev] Problems with OpenCMS setup on Weblogic 9.2

Jim Ramsdell jramsdell at imcinteractive.com
Wed Nov 15 18:25:55 CET 2006

Hi All,

I am attempting to setup OpenCMS 6.2.2 on Weblogic 9.2 and am running into
some issues.

The first issue I had was regarding a ServletException (resolution found
here: http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2006q3/025183.html).
This is now fixed, however, when running through the setup wizard, I
encounter a warning saying that I have Xerces 1, not Xerces 2, but I cannot
find Xerces 1 on my system. Any ideas on this? I can get around it by
checking off a box saying that I understand there are incompatibilities, but
wish to continue anyways.

I am able to successfully unpack the modules and get to the last step. This
is where the problems begin. It attempts to open a window to display the
opencms welcome screen. Unfortunately, nothing shows up. I can't even find
the opencms files it supposedly unpacked. The only new thing in my opencms
directory is a folder called resources, which looks to contain images and
whatnot. I searched my entire system for index.jsp (the opencms welcome
file) and none of the files returned are part of opencms.

If anyone can offer any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jim