[opencms-dev] OpenCms and ZK

Roman Uhlig roman.uhlig at knve.de
Tue Nov 21 11:48:01 CET 2006

Yes Stephan, you are right. Trying to access a rersource inside the VFS from
outside the OpenCmsServlet doesn't make much sense.

Thinking about the whole thing, there are several possibilities of how to go
on:

1. Using an Ajax framework which completely relies on Servlets, not on file
types mapped to servlets. Unfortunately the GWT (Google Web Toolkit) failed
in our Tests inside OpenCms, as well as the DWR framework. Or OpenCms failed
to work with these frameworks, have it your way.

2. Mangling around with the basically great ZK framework and trying to get
it to work inside OpenCms, though that might be more work than it's worth.

3. Using just XMLHttpRequest and forget server side Ajax inside OpenCms
(urmph!)

Anyway, thanks to all of you who participated in this thread and helped me!

Thanks,
Roman