[opencms-dev] Exception after installing opencms on a postgresql database

Gaith Bader gaithb at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Dec 4 05:20:27 CET 2006

Hello Jan,

with Postgres I have noticed that even though the wizard says
installation successful, sometimes if you actually look at the
details you would notice it says that there was a Java out of memory
error.

If this is what actually happened in your case you can search the
opencms mailing list archives and you would find more details on the
subject.

However, what that usually means is that it is running out of memory,
if you allocated more memory to tomcat the installation would work,
depending on your available memory this addition is what worked for me:

  CATALINA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m"

You add the above line (with the appropriate memory depending on your
system, to your tomcat startup script.

Regards,

Gaith

____