[opencms-dev] OpenCms version 6.2.3 has been released | mime types not working

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Mon Dec 4 17:14:53 CET 2006

Hello Joachim,

OpenCms 6.2.3 has a different way of defining the available mimetypes,
the mimetype.properties in the jar file are replaced by a mime type
configuration in the opencms-vfs.xml

So please check if there is the <mimetypes> node in there, it must be
after the <collectors> node. If this definition is not there, all
resources will be delivered as text/html which causes the problem you
described.

I have attached the content of this <mimetype> node, so you can use this
one if it is not there.

Kind regards,

Michael Emmerich
Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts

Joachim Zittmayr schrieb:
> hi list!
> after updating our 6.2.2 installation we found out, that css files
> aren't spread out as text/css mime type anymore.
> this works with IE, but firefox seems to be stricter and doesn't accept
> css files as text/html!
> when comparing our "old" (after the upgrade) opencms-vfs.xml with the
> one, that comes from a fresh install, then all the mime-type-mappings
> are missing!
> but copying the mimetypes-node solves this issue.
> shall i file a bug report?
> best regards!
> joachim
>
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:47:04 +0100, "Alexander Kandzior"
> <alex at opencms.org> said:
>> Dear OpenCms users,
>>
>> version 6.2.3 (stable) of OpenCms is now available for download from the
>> OpenCms website http://www.opencms.org. OpenCms 6.2.3 is a maintenance
>> release which fixes several issues reported in OpenCms 6.2.2. Compared to
>> version 6.2.2, some minor but useful features are added in this release
>> as
>> well. Please check the release notes for further details.
>>
>> New features in 6.2.3 compared to the 6.2.2 release:
>>
>> * Added an option to delete locales in XML content and page editor
>> * MIME-types are now configured in opencms-vfs.xml instead of internal
>>   properties file
>> * Optimized "direct edit" implementation for speed (not longer based
>>   on JSP includes by default)
>> * Added option for manual placement of "direct edit" buttons,
>>   depending on the provider implementation
>> * Implemented a text only "direct edit" button provider that supports
>>   manual placement
>> * History list optionally shows project name and description
>> * Additional optional DBCP parameters for connection pooling and
>>   validation provided in opencms.properties
>> * New configuration option for initial checkbox state on new folder
>>   dialog in opencms-workplace.xml
>> * Content tool for property change allows to set property values for
>>   resources that have an empty old value
>> * Extended the Account Management: Details for permissions in group
>>   list and extended list for users in group
>> * Extended <cms:parse>/<cms:decorate> by attribute "noAutoCloseTags"
>>   for tag names that must not be auto-closed
>> * Added some configuration options to the HTML Widget for structured
>>   contents: show buttons for table or image dialog, use a CSS in the
>>   editor area, show the style selector for individual styles (for
>>   FCKeditor widget)
>>
>> Resolved issues in this version:
>>
>> * Fixed issue #1161: Nested contentload tags fail, sometimes silently
>> * Fixed issue #1171: CmsJspActionElement.img() doesn't work properly
>>   in Online project
>> * Fixed issue #1189: CmsSelectWidget should have a method to get the
>>   option from it's stored value
>> * Fixed issue #1198: Problem in "Search Management" when deleting all
> [...]

Michael Emmerich

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts