[opencms-dev] opencms verse JBoss Portal Server?

Christoph Schönfeld cschoenfeld at sylphen.com
Wed Dec 6 23:09:14 CET 2006

Mick,

I hope your decision is making progress. I am not sure if OpenCms
supports the storing and high performance delivery of thousands of
multimedia streams. I doubt it somehow but I cannot tell for sure. Maybe
others on the list have more insight and experience with this. However,
OpenCms is good at managing XML content which could be used to store the
meta information about your musical shows.

I did not look at a combination of JBoss and Alfresco. Alfresco looked
nice to us but did not meet our requirements. (Its more a document
management system than a CMS.)

Best regards,
Christoph