[opencms-dev] How to use Webusers?

Fabian Huschka fabian.huschka at componio.net
Fri Dec 15 21:42:11 CET 2006

Hello Marc,

Marc Schlegel schrieb:
> Hi
>
> Since I my exchange program is about to end I had the idea to create
> website where the contact information of all my friends is in so we can
> stay in contact. Of course this site shall only be accessible by
> username and password. Therefor I created a webuser and put it into the
> guests group. Then I set the restrictions for my folder to the guest-group.

Better generate a unique group for all required users. Add the group to
the desired resources (at least read and view permissions have to be
set) and deny guest access.
By default, there is no login script available. You have to write your
own which is very simple and straight forward (see
http://opencms-wiki.org/Custom_Login_Page and omit the part where the
Offline-Project is set or the attached script).
After having generated the script, set the login script on the
root-folder of your protected resources by adding the absolute path
(relative to the site root though) to the property "login-form". If you
whish, you may also set the login script for each resource individually.

Example:

The login script is at /sites/default/login.jsp
Add the script reference "/login.jsp" to the property "login-form" of
the folder /sites/default
Publish the folder and your protected resources.
After that you shall be redirected to the login form of yours when
trying to access a protected resource.

Thats it.

\Fabian