[opencms-dev] max_allowed_packet

Pam Callaway pamcallaway at pobox.com
Mon Jan 15 20:23:37 CET 2007

Hi,

I hope this is the right place for this question.  I'm trying to setup
OpenCms on a shared server, and I get this error:

======
Validating Database Server Configuration    MySQL system variable
'max_allowed_packet' is set to 15727616 Bytes.

Please, note that it will not be possible for OpenCms to handle files bigger
than this value.

Error while checking the server configuration!
*Your 'max_allowed_packet' variable is set to less than 16Mb
(15727616).*The recommended value for running OpenCms is
16Mb.Please change your MySQL configuration (in your mi.ini or my.cnf file).

======

This was a little confusing to me, as it says first that it is set to 16Mb,
then that it is set to LESS than 16Mb.  I checked the variable in
phpMyAdmin, for MySQL, and it is indeed set to 15,727,616.

I do not have admin rights on the server, and I'm trying to get them to up
the packet limit to 32MB, but in the meantime is there something else I can
do about this?

Thanks,

Pam