[opencms-dev] Remote debugging OpenCms with Eclipse

Martin Hoeller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Fri Jan 19 09:32:59 CET 2007

Hi again!

> > I use a decent Eclipse development environment to produce OpenCms apps,
> > and I'm able to remotely debug a running OpenCms instance.  The only
> > thing missing is JSP source attachment, and I'm wondering if anyone
> > else has managed to sort this out.
>
> I had this working... somehow. As my eclipse workspace and my VFS were
> not synchronized it happened, that the source code and the actually
> executing code drifted some lines apart, but basically it worked.
>
> However, I just tried to reproduce it and I'm not able to :( Na matter
> what I choose to be the source folder Eclipse (3.2.1 BTW) doesn't find
> the source. The only thing I can definitely say is that I didn't specify
> any special folder for this to work. Eclipse just found it.

I can reproduce it now: I have to put the JSPs under
<eclipse-workspace>/<project>/WebContent/WEB-INF/jsp/offline/sites/defaults/<jsp-name>

Still not happy with this, as I definitely don't want to maintain the JSPs
on two different locations.

Let me know if you find out anything new.

- martin
--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  |
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926483  |  Make it idiot proof and someone