[opencms-dev] 6.2.3 sourcecode editor error?

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Mon Jan 22 12:28:20 CET 2007

Hello,

We have run into a problem caused by a difference in the behavior of the
6.2.3 sourcecode editor when compared to the 6.0.3 version.

When editing a JavaScript file in a 6.0.3 OpenCms workplace, code such as:

var entities = new Array(
   new Entity('¡', '¡',  '¡'),
   new Entity('ª', 'ª',   'ª'),
   new Entity('·', '·', '·'),
   new Entity('ù', 'ù', 'ù'),
   new Entity('ú', 'ú', 'ú'),
   new Entity('ü', 'ü',   'ü')
);

can be entered and saved with no problem.

But when edited and saved in a 6.2.3 workplace, the result of saving this is
that it gets converted to:

var entities = new Array(
   new Entity('¡', '¡',  '¡'),
   new Entity('ª', 'ª',   'ª'),
   new Entity('·', '·', '·'),
   new Entity('ù', 'ù', 'ù'),
   new Entity('ú', 'ú', 'ú'),
   new Entity('ü', 'ü',   'ü')
);

i.e. the hex code char definition is converted to the character itself, and
this blows up the JavaScript function.

The OpenCms character encoding is the standard in both cases (UTF-8).

I didn't find any information about changes in the sourcecode editor for
this release. Can this be an OpenCms error, or something that should be
configured to get the same behaviour as in 6.0.3?

Thanks for any information or suggestion that can help me with this!

Pere