[opencms-dev] Open CMS and WebLogic

Thomas Soe pawthwut at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 18:03:19 CET 2007

Thanks for your information Christoph. I have eventually realized that it is
impossible since I know that it exports out the export and resources folder
to the file system right after setup. I find your reasonings and proposed
solution sound and valid but I don't know why nobody has responded. J2EE
standard is not going to change for OpenCms alone. No enterprise application
will try to mess it's own deployed filesystem. Unless this problem is
addressed in future releases, I do not see the point it should be adopted in
enterprise systems. If you have implemented some workaround, would you mind
to share with me? Afterall, my experience with OpenCms was not wonderful. It
is the first open source project that has disappointed me despite having a
lot of nice features and functionalities. It simply is not fit enough for
enterprise deployment.