[opencms-dev] Re: Re: Re: need help: how improving opencmsperformance?

andrea cossu andrea.cossu at gruppoatlantis.com
Wed Jan 24 17:28:37 CET 2007

"Joachim Arrasz" <info at arrasz.de> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:45B782F5.8000304 at arrasz.de...
> Hi,
>
>> I used those values because we are experiencing  java heap space
>> problems.
>> Tomcat is version 5.5.15 and i'm using MySQL 4.1 because this is the
>> version
>> used in production environment (in a server with 2 CPU and at least 4 GB
>> ram)
>
> then your tests are no tests in my opinion. A test enviroment should act
> as the productive enviroment.

Yes i know, but at the moment i can't get an environment as the productive
one even if i report this need to my boss.

>> I don't know what thinking about.
>
> i think this is because swapping of windows. There is not enough real
> memory available, so Windows swaps sometimes, sometimes not ...

In productive environment, i think, OS is unix likeand with a larger amount
of ram, but we are experiencing the same low performance.

The only sureness is that the bottle necks are the unmarshal of xml
resource(unmarshalHelper method in CmsXmlUtils class, CmsXmlContent method
in CmsXmlContent class), and the gets for resources (readResource method in
various classes) .

Regards

andrea