[opencms-dev] Re: Re: Re: need help: how improving opencmsperformance?

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Wed Jan 24 17:59:17 CET 2007

Hi,

> Yes i know, but at the moment i can't get an environment as the productive
> one even if i report this need to my boss.

then, sorry, ignore your results ...

> In productive environment, i think, OS is unix likeand with a larger amount
> of ram, but we are experiencing the same low performance.

uups ... well then your experience is completely uninteresting. You cant
test performance when you swap later to another OS ..

> The only sureness is that the bottle necks are the unmarshal of xml
> resource(unmarshalHelper method in CmsXmlUtils class, CmsXmlContent method
> in CmsXmlContent class), and the gets for resources (readResource method in
> various classes) .

How much XMLContent do you serve? Our tests told us that XmlContent is
fine with a maximum of around 1000-2000 articles per XMLContentType.

hth

Regards Achim

--
/**