[opencms-dev] Validating links even for published pages

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Jan 27 12:36:47 CET 2007

Hi List,

does anyone know a way to check the links for the complete site? The
builtin link checker only checks unpublished content.

The problem with the default behavior is: If I have a page that links to
another one and then move the link target, I will suddently have a
corrupted link in a page that has not been updated. And with 100s of
files it's hard to detect, where I would have to update links, after
moving one file around.

Any ideas?

thank you
christian
___

P.S. My only idea is to *touch* everything and check the links after
that, but that's not very elegant and also touch will change the
modification date, which is a bad thing for me. To go along with this
approach, I would have to implement a small JSP that does touches every
file without updating the modification date.