[opencms-dev] Performance problem

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Jan 27 12:49:48 CET 2007

simone.bortolaso at libero.it schrieb:
> Hi All.
> I have deployed one opencms architecture for my customer.
> His site does about 600.000 hits for mounth (15.000/17.000 a day)

- how much of your content is handled by through static export and how
much is _always_ generated dynamically?
- does static export actually create pages in your export folder?
- how high is your CPU load? Which processes eat how much CPU usually -
Apache or Opencms/Mysql?
- how much of your physical memory is used, how much swapping does your
server do?
- could it be a bandwidth problem?
- how big is your website (how many pages, roughly)
- how often is your website published
- do you templates use element caching for expensive parts of your pages
(e.g. Navigation areas that appear on every page)

christian